We’ve come off the beaten track, so MyProjectTracker is looking for a software developer to get us back on it again. Maybe you are the person who can take us there?
So who are we looking for?
- Looking for something that can help you grow/develop your career?
- Available to do some work outside your normal work day? Or maybe you’re doing a PhD in a relevant discipline and need some practical experience?
- Based in Ireland (preferable but not an absolute – Skype rocks!)
- Capable of working under your own direction?
- Passionate about making “stuff” work?
- Willing to take a chance?
Oh, and familiar with Ruby on Rails and Cloud Hosting technologies?
So why do we need you?
OK – warts and all – it’s like this.
We signed up over 300 companies when we went through our Beta program. Some were there just to have a nose around. Others actually “drove” the product for us and used it as intended.
But no-one said – “Sure, take my X euro’s a month”.
So we asked “Why not?”
And they came back with a bunch of reasons – none of which are major in terms of product development/evolution, but are in the sense that they are barriers to signing up.
So what’s happened to our team?
We started with the folks in Contrast and they got us to where we wanted to be i.e. up to the beta launch and then initial live run.
We then went out under our own steam and looked for developers who were willing to take the chance of future reward. We found a most excellent man – but he has had to part ways with us due to other commitments.
And this leads us to this point.
We need another “most excellent man/woman/child” to get us to the next point of evolution – a commerical product that pays it’s way.
So what’s in it for you?
It depends on how we go.
There is no money to pay you right now. But we are looking to go into a revenue share deal with the person we end up working with. Share options might come – but frankly cash is king so once the product starts to pay, you will earn a decent percentage of each euro we take in.
In theory you could earn nothing (how’s that for a sales pitch!).
But we genuinely wouldn’t be wasting our own time if we felt the product was dead in the water.
What would you be doing?
Our roadmap is well defined. We know what we need to tweak to start the product earning and what else we want to put into the product to offer our customers.
- You will have full technical design authority on the product to deliver the business functional requirements.
- You will be coding and configuring.
- You will be working in cloud hosting environment.
- You will be integrating with payment and other 3rd party applications.
- You will be given time to get it right.
If this sounds like something that appeals, get in touch – just ping in an email with your details to me. We can then have a chat and share more of the details for you to make an informed call and for us to get to know you better.
Photo: Brizzlebornandbred on Flickr